Wayism is a worldview, a perspective that makes clear the reason why we are here, what is the purpose of human life, what is the human soul and how it is different to the human spirit, what role the mind plays in our health and wealth, how we take charge of everything by knowing the ancient wisdom of chakras (soul minds), and how to live a lifestyle that gains the most happiness and contentment from every moment, and how to live this life with heightened Awareness and spiritual Consciousness.
Wayism makes simple the understanding of brain, mind, ontology (where all things fit in this universe and our relation to it all), lifestyle and life philosophy.
Wayism is ancient. It has been an awareness and worldview of great saints an sages throughout history. We see Wayist thinking in teachers like Socrates and Plato, Plotinus and Lao Tzi (author of the Tao Teh Ching), Jesus as he taught in the East, Bodhidarma (founder of Zen and Chen Buddhism), and more.
Wayism and spiritual healing (mind-body-soul) goes hand-n-hand.
Wayism is a path of self-improvement. Without growth and self-liberation, the is no Wayism.
Wayism can be practiced as a life philosophy.
Wayism can be practiced as a devotional path.
Wayism can be practiced as a mysticism.
In any event, Wayism is a lifestyle that changes one's thinking, one's values, and brings about happiness, contentment, and brings peace at heart for the faults of the world and the people in it.
The devotional side to Wayism is at the root of ancient religious traditions like Pure Land Buddhism, Chen Buddhism, and Ancient Church of the East for example.
In the West, Wayism is more popular as a philosophical lifestyle and worldview.
In Mahayana Buddhism, Wayist teaching took root and is expressed in the movement called The Bodhisattva Way.
The essence of the teaching of Jesus, mostly unknown to Christianity, was Wayist. His movement was called The Way. Devotees in the movement were called People of The Way. Jesus was not a Christian, his teachings were later adapted by the Jewish group led by Paul, to create the Early Christian Church.
Wayism does not hold to any particular Holy Scripture. Wayists see references to the simple Truth is many Scriptures, but not a single one is regarded as a complete manual because all Scriptures forward the position of their religion. The Truth transcends religion.
- Truth, and the path to enlightenment can only be true if it is an attainable reality for all humans in all different contexts. If one's Path cannot be attained by the illiterate auntie in the small village in the jungle of Maynamar, Tanzania, India or the Amazon, then it is not a valid path because all humans no matter where, are here for the purpose to spiritually evolve, grow into mature souls.
- The three attitudes of Humility, Simplicity and Compassion are central to all Wayist philosophy. The three attitudes function as a test and standard for all things. Everything is subjected to this test whether it be a religious doctrine, a holy scripture, or the words of someone's God. If it does not conform to Humility, Simplicity and Compassion it is discriminated to to be unprofitable for our souls and is discarded.
- Earth is a school for souls to learn Wisdom. We came here, because we signed up for it. We will most probably graduate, no matter how many lifetimes it requires. Each lifetime is like a new term at school. Every time we come back, we hope to have advanced from the previous time. It is a very good system.
- Karma brings neither punishment nor reward, but regulates the curriculum in the School of Life. It will always bring along the most appropriate lessons, projects, tests, and exams to make sure that all soul beings will master the skill of spiritual perfection no matter how long it takes.
- Dharma is one's inherent Wisdom, gathered over many lifetimes. With wisdom comes duty. The Wisdom we have, dictate our response to situations, dictate our ability to be peaceful, live in loving-kindness, make positive contributions to society and the lives of others to live selflessly, resist injustice and be a benefit to society at large.
- Wisdom is to be had only by living full and authentic lives, making use of every opportunity that Karma can bring along. Spiritual sloth is a waste of a lifetime, which triggers very interesting Karma for the next life. If you do not learn by your own motivation, then the Universe will create interesting lifetimes in which you will have no choice but to experience that which you need to learn. Some may think of this as something cruel, but it is not. It would be cruel to not help you graduate, gain enlightenment.
- Once sufficient wisdom is learned by the soul, over many incarnations, the soul starts to metamorphose and change into a spiritual being. In the Vedas this is referred to as "twice born". Jesus called it being "born again" and devotees of that status he called pneumatikoi (spiritual people).
- Wisdom (not knowledge) is learned/achieved primarily through living full and authentic human lives
- The highest wisdom is learned in living loving-kindness. It is learned through practice of service to all sentient beings, and awareness of the presence of the Source Energy in all. Don't confuse this existential spirituality with the latter-day spiritualities called Political Correctness, and Sharing Wise Quotes.
- Spiritual beings are creatures, often entitled as gods by soul beings because of their superior wisdom (love) and metaphysical nature.
- In Wayism, there is no need or desire to define the Creator. There is an urgent need to NOT attempt to define the Creator, the Source. The Source defies definition and anything said about It/That is limiting.
- The senior spiritual being in charge of Sukhavati / Heaven, father's our spirits-in-the-making. He is without gender. He is our Father in Heaven. He is titled, in Sanskrit, Illimitable Light (of wisdom) amita abha, Amitabha. In Buddhist language, Amitabha Buddha. In Hindu and western thought, Amitabha God our Father in Heaven. By definition, Amitabha God is omnibenevolent. It is not possible for this Being to be anything but absolute Love.
- No spiritual beings are in charge of Earth, as there are no beings in charge of any other planet. Metaphysical and physical laws govern planets--these include laws like Karma, Dharma, Maya, Gravity, Renewal (the planet will renew itself even if people mess with its ecology), and so on. All these laws are created by, and upheld by that which we call The Way. The Way and the metaphysical and natural laws flowing from the One keep this planet and this School going.
- The creative energies of the Immutable One, the Source, run through all of creation, upholds and maintains All. Soul beings and spiritual beings have sensory capabilities to be aware of the Divine Presence in all things. This awareness, this awe, this spiritual consciousness, forms an important aspect of Wayist spirituality and its understanding of evolution of the soul. This leads to the esoteric teaching called Sacred Sensuality.
- Wayism is the first spiritual tradition to know the anatomy of the soul, and its soul minds (chakras). Wayism, naturally is a healing modality that helps people navigate the School and aims at sooner graduation, which is freedom from samsara.
- From the Creator, the One, emanates a perpetual creative energy that upholds all of creation
- That energy exhibits itself to us in the form of Two, male and female qualities, Yang and Yin, as some say or Father and Mother is preferred by other. It is this energy that carries with it the blueprint for all, including the purpose of life o souls and spirits, and the mechanisms by which they evolve (reincarnation, karma, dharma), live and die. We refer to this is The Way, the Plan and Will of the One as it pertains to creation.
- From the Two we sense the three attitudes inherent in all of creation, which some call the Gunas.
- From the three, we sense the uncountable numbers of things in creation.
- There is nothing that a spiritual being or soul being can do to impact or effect The Way. No manner of praise, pleading, or bribery can change the Way. The Way happens for us, will it, want it, or not.
- Enlightenment is a process that may take many reincarnations to accomplish
- To live an authentic and full life is equated with paying attention at school, seeking learning opportunities in diverse subjects and courses.
- To "own your own mind" and refuse group-minds to think for you, dictate their moral codes to you, and limit your human experience is essential. "Culturally conditioned thinking" is labelled as the Wayist's greatest enemy.
- Learn, practise and live loving-kindness, humility, simplicity and compassion
- Once the soul gains sufficient wisdom of loving-kindness (heart chakra), a mini enlightenment takes place.
- From this point forward, the soul starts to change, metamorphose, into a spiritual being. Humility, simplicity, compassion, loving-kindness and service to others increases. The soul develops "spiritual mind) 5th chakra and starts to comprehend spiritual teaching. To this effect, Iesous often said to questioners who had not yet developed that faculty, that his teaching is not for them.
- Contemplate and live according to the essential truths of the nature of things.
- Enlightenment and rebirth happens.
These teachings are expounded in several (mostly Sanskrit) treatise dating back almost 2,000 years. A most basic synopsis of the teaching is:
- Only The One is eternal, all else are created, temporary and are in flux
- The ant's ability to fathom the depths of machinations that govern our solar system is equated with the human's ability to fathom the One and Its creations - before we can observe even one cycle of the many cycles of creations, several reincarnations have been spent.
- Knowledge is in flux, and is mostly folly
- For the soul, the only 'permanent' thing is wisdom. It is the only, the only, thing we carry with us from one life to the next and into metamorphosis to heaven.
- Our attitude, is the ONLY thing over which we have control.
- Nothing is as it appears. The permanence, even the existence of anything is a construct of our body-mind tinted by our attitude. All things are without true substance. The only true substance from a soul's point of view is wisdom, and the future spiritual existence.
- The concept of who you are, is a construct of your body-mind. Rise above that awareness and guard against clichéd group think. Develop spiritual-mind.
- Human language and human thinking is primitive to say the least, it is necessarily fraught with inadequate symbolism. Never sweat the small things, the nuances in teachings, seeming differences in things. Seek the broader view in assured trust that all things are in The Way.
- Continually eradicate culturally conditioned thinking and re-evaluate your beliefs, priorities and lifestyle.
- Own your own mind, if you don't, someone else will
- Set the three jewels Humility, Simplicity and Compassion as your standard for all things
- Continued awareness of the Presence of the Divine in all things is essential
- Live in service to your soul and to all sentient beings. Fearlessly resist evil doers and spread loving-kindness, wisdom, beauty, compassion and peace to all.
- Engender in your soul a love for the wisdom and peace gained from mystical union with the Source Energy (Prana in Sanskrit, Qi in Chinese). This is amrita, soul food without which the soul may wither in malnutrition.
- Learn to be de disciplined and focused, be the best student in Soul School Earth. Every day, every waking and sleeping moment learning opportunities are brought to you from which you may learn, advance and move ahead to the Light.
- Learn to be mindful in every thought and action of the kind of rebirth you may need in the next life to teach you lessons that you shunned in this life.
- "Not doing, is most often worse than doing". Slight, laziness or unwillingness to go to the trouble to speak out when society goes in the wrong direction, is often worse than going in the wrong direction yourself. You may go down that lane but soon see your folly. But to not speak out, to not correct your children and your society contributes to spoiling it because of your laziness. Spoiled food, people and societies become garbage and if not removed from society will cause disease. It is your compassion that drives you to take the hard, often lonely, road.
- Learn the immense spiritual healing power of gratitude.
- Learn the immense spiritual healing power of sunyata, contentment and mindfulness in knowing the impermanence of all things. The ability to let go.
- Learn Wayist meditations to be free from the erroneous "blank-mind meditations" that simply do not work.
Wayism is not centrally organized as a movement. It was always only an awareness of higher-developed saints, sages and teachers in various religious traditions. Elements of Wayism therefore were incorporated into different religions.
However, as of the 1990s, in the West, Wayist teaching is regulated by a single international organization brought to life for the purpose of keeping the teaching pure. Known as International Association of Wayist Organizations, acronym WAWO, the organization bring together the most suitable Wayist teachers to put forward the essential Wayist teaching in its purest and simplest form. These individuals are, as the three wise men of the 1st century, from Buddhist, Daoist and Hindu backgrounds; lately also Christian teachers joined the council.
The organization has no influence over Wayist-style movements around the world, such as Tendai, Pure Land, Chen, Zen, Ancient Church of the East, etc. The organization's aim is not to create Wayist spiritual movements, but to make available pure Wayist teaching.
What is considered "pure teaching", is Wayist teaching stripped of colouring and embroidering added over the ages by traditional and cultural movements.
The organization will, for the time being, affect ordination, training and licensing of Wayist teachers to provide the growing population on Earth with more sources.
International Association of Wayist Organizations (IAWO) in India and http://wayism.org" class="wiki wikinew text-danger tips">Wayism Association of Wayist Organizations in North America cooperate to maintain an international membership of bona-fide Wayist organizations. This senior body in Wayism International guards the purity of Wayist teaching worldwide.
Wayism has a optional devotional side Wayist devotional practice centered on Avalokiteshvara (Christ/Guanyin/Kannon) and Amitabha Buddha (Father in Heaven/Buddha of the Western Pure Land).
- Wayism was referenced by Gene Rodenberry in a television series Andromeda as a fictional inter-galactic religion of peace and harmony.
- Wayism is referenced in futuristic video games as the future religion of peace.
- Wayism is often used by spurious quasi-religious groups to name their 'religion' because it shares a few of the elements of Wayism proper. The element most attractive to these people is usually Wayism's inclusiveness of all sentient beings. The fact that these religions use the name Wayism without qualification is viewed by the public as an attempt to mislead, or fraud.
(Jean du Plessis)
- 1. missing bibliography definition
- 2. WAYISM: The Primary Text (2013) Daoshenglu,Salvar
- 3. The Eastern Bible: 2012 Version (2012) Church of the East
- 4. Magadhalene Sutras (Wayist Collection (1)) (2014) IAWO
- 5. Universal Gateway of Enlightenment : The 2nd coming of Jesus as Lord of the World (Avalokiteshvara) in c.78AD (2015) du Plessis,Jean Prieur